You meanie, Sista! Ok, well maybe not- but the very lovely Sista Sertraline has given me the Sunshine Blogger Award!
So, without further ado, here you are- the questions you wanted me to answer, plus the eleven things.
FACTS ABOUT ME:
1) I’m a little obsessed with certain things. I have to walk on equal numbers of street grids or it goes through me. I have a morning routine that’s identical to the previous day, usually. I dislike stepping on pavement cracks intensely, and I have to turn off switches that are on with nothing plugged into them. A little OCD perhaps, but that’s the way I roll.
2) I love the dark. I have always loved being in my room in the pitch black to drop off to sleep. Sleeping at my grandmother’s house in the country is utter bliss, because there are no streetlights in the village and it gets amazingly, beautifully dark out there.
3) Autumn and winter are my favourite seasons. I love love the smells and festivals and foods in both, and I love how Autumn dies into Winter so richly.
4) My music tastes are eclectic and surprise a lot of people. As I’m sure you can tell, I’m not a person who likes being shoved into one specific category. 😛
5) I wish I had never lost my virginity to my ex. That’s a huge thing to write, and not in the same vein as the other stuff, but I wish I hadn’t.
6) I love the colours red, black, and silver.
7) I may not talk face-to-face with some of my best friends for months, but we can pick right up where we left off with no problem at all.
8) I once got my hand stuck down a drain trying to rescue a badge I really liked. My primary school teacher never let me forget it, the awesome guy.
9) I HATE fondus at the barre. HATE THEM. Pointless pieces of crap. 😛 (Dancers amongst us will get that, I’m sure! That and bloody ronds de jambes en l’air!)
10) I have blue eyes, and J once said they were beautiful.
11) I hate that feeling when you wake up in the morning and realise that something inside you is missing, and there is a deep dark pit of horror and despair there. That’s depression in a nutshell. It feels like falling.
What is the first thing you do as soon as you wake up in the morning? I usually check my phone. I use it to actually wake the hell up, because I am always in danger of falling right back to sleep.
What is your greatest fear? That one day, the voices will win.
Do you have a new years resolution for 2014? Don’t be daft. I hate the things.
What is your favorite song at the moment? Tough question! The Chauffeur by Duran Duran or A River Red by Halo in Reverse.
What is your favorite childhood memory? Argh, too many! Although I remember so many awesome times with my sister and cousins, I think I will pick when we were all on an American-Carribbean cruise together.
Facebook or Twitter? Facebook, because Twitter is irritating.
What did the last text message you received say? It was explaining about a difficult day a friend of mine had had.
What bugs you the most? Mental health professionals who plainly don’t give a fuck.
What do you consider to be the most important appliance in your house? My phone. I need to ring/skype/text people or distract myself if I’m having an awful day.
If you could have one song that would play whenever you entered a room, what would it be? I don’t know! Maybe Emilie Autumn- Shallott. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQCAo5tKFyc
What’s your favorite movie quote? Star Trek- “Are you from the future? Do they still have sandwiches there?”
Hope that was illuminating!